A West Virginia church burned to the floor early Sunday Early morning (Mar. 3), and firefighters have been stunned by what they observed when they entered the building right after putting the flames out.
Not a single Bible or cross within the Freedom Ministries Church, positioned in Grandview, W.V., was touched.
In a post on Fb, the Coal City Fire Department described the blaze as “so hot that at a single stage … firefighters experienced to back again out,” however, somehow, “Not a single bible was burned and not a one cross was harmed!” The fireplace dept. additional: “Though odds had been from us, God was not.”
Just one commenter on the Facebook article wrote: “Out of each composition hearth I have responded to in the past 20 many years, not one particular Bible has burned, they may well have smoke problems or [charred] about the edges but you could even now go through each website page. … It just goes to demonstrate that God’s word is far more impressive than the devil’s hearth and fury no make a difference how scorching it receives.”
Other commenters also shared miraculous stories of unharmed Bibles right after fires.
One particular woman explained, though responding on 9/11 to the United Airways Flight 93 aircraft crash, she and many others “found wallets and papers, blowing in the wind, that have been charred and burnt. Un readable. We did even so, come across a Bible. Untouched. Wholly readable.”
A further woman shared: “When our property burned in Texas I had the relatives Bible laying on dad’s military trunk that he carried all-around the world doing his tours of responsibility. The best of the trunk burned a hole by the major exactly where the Bible was laying and it did not problems the Bible in any way. I however have the two the trunk and the Bible.”
An additional commenter wrote: “This transpired to mother in her apartment who was rapid asleep whilst the whole complicated was on fireplace and the full attic above her condominium was burning. Firefighters experienced to crack in to save her. Overall destruction to her condominium apart from for her Bible.”
Other commenters, on the other hand, denounced statements that a divine entity was accountable for conserving the Bibles inside of the church, chalking the complete thing up to uncomplicated science.
Just one person shared: “Not striving to downplay the blessings and miracles God provides us… but publications are almost never broken in fires. If you toss a closed book into a burning fire the interior pages are not burned. My husband, who is a qualified fire fighter, and I had this discussion a person time when we were observing a chilly scenario present. I asked why the publications/files ended up not burned even tho there was a massive fire.
“He stated unless its moved and manipulated (poked at with a adhere or something to open up webpages up) the hearth will not burn up the interior pages bc there is no oxygen flowing through. You can take a look at this on your own which we did so he could instruct me. Have a bonfire toss some old publications and dont mess with them. The outside the house could melt away a little bit, the edges but the within of the webpages will be entirely good.”
A further cynic commented: “You fellas it is not magic [its’s] science. The Bible is a lot less probably to be a decline or full reduction thanks to the thickness (1000s of internet pages) really don’t you feel if God had been going to have some form of divine intervention he would, I don’t know, save the complete church composition? Or continue to keep a family from staying homeless, or preserve the people in burning construction from dying rather of preserving a reserve?”
Authorities have not however determined what induced the fireplace, but urged locals to retain the pastor and the congregation of the church in their prayers.